The Coronavirus – Update
Covenant House New Jersey remains committed to keeping our doors open for all young people who are in need of our care during the Coronavirus crisis. Safety is our # 1 priority for our young people, staff, and supporters. As we move forward and continue to navigate this ever-changing situation, we want to stay connected by keeping you informed of how our young people are doing, and how you can offer support.
- All of our beds are filled at the crisis centers. We are currently sheltering close to 200 young people across the state every day/night, who might otherwise be homeless or on the street.
- The kids are at HOME with us healthy and well cared for. Thankfully, we have not had any reports of the virus at any of our programs.
- Mom’s and Babies are home as work and daycare has been canceled
- Most young people remain with us at home and are not working as businesses close across the state
- We have provided staff with specific health instructions as well as an added protocol to the intake process
- We have participated in an Emergency Response Work Group with Covenant House Internationals sharing best practices and developing refining plans
- Front line staff continue to provide services to our young people 24-7
- We have asked all non-essential staff to work from home
- We have suspended all visitation, volunteer, and internships
- All Corporate Service Days and Immersions have been suspended or postponed
- All of our upcoming fundraising events have been canceled or postponed through May 8th. At this point, SO: Asbury Park is scheduled as planned and we will revisit SO: Union County shortly.
- Sleep Out: Camden Community Edition is offering a virtual experience to sleepers on March 27th
Many of our friends are asking How Can You Help? Our programs are equipped with everything that we need right now, including the most committed staff in the world. Just like your own family, the kids need your support more than ever, as our revenue has been immediately affected by the cancelation and postponement of all events and Sleep Outs.
The best way for YOU to help our kids is to consider joining the Covenant Circle. This is the monthly giving program that will help us to sustain our services for our kids, TODAY, TOMORROW and through this pandemic. If you are unable to join the Covenant Circle, please consider making a one time gift.
We are grateful for our Covenant House community and supporters like you, who help to ensure our kids have a safe, welcome and supportive place to call home, especially during this time.